This newsletter is a collection of things I have found in the last month that I enjoyed, found interesting, or simply wanted to share.
You can follow me more closely at my personal website or if you or someone you know is looking to buy or sell a home, you can point them to my real estate website.
Texas Summer Soundtrack
Rangers broadcaster Eric Nadel finally makes his ‘bucket list’ World Series call, free version
In Nadel’s time on the job, he has called over 6,000 Rangers games. To measure it by other means, that’s 10 broadcast partners, 15 managers, nine GMs and five different ownership groups. When Nolan Ryan notched his 5,000th strikeout, it was Nadel on the call. When they made their first postseason, 25 years after moving to Arlington, Nadel was the voice that shared the moment. When they finally won their first playoff series, in 2010, Nadel was on the call.
When Nadel finally got the chance to call another Rangers World Series, it came at the end of a difficult season, one in which the broadcaster took a leave of absence to address mental health issues before returning to the team in August. It was the first time fans had been without his presence in 45 years.
The story behind the song everyone knows but no one understands
The first recording of the song dates back to 1957. Richard Berry, an L.A. musician, recorded a song about a sailor who has to ship out, and leave his girl behind. While the words – written in a fake-Jamaican patois – were an attempt to tap into the calypso music popular at the time (Harry Belafonte was topping the charts), the melodic riff came from a song called El Loco Cha Cha, recorded by Cuban-American band leader René Touzet.
119 pages of the FBI’s investigation into The Kingsmens “Louie Louie” that does not included anyone just asking Jack Ely, the man who sang the song, what the lyrics were.
- Travel Score
- Replacing a pool cue tip
- Astronauts dropped a tool bag during an ISS spacewalk, and you can see it with binoculars
- The 2023 Uber Eats Cravings Report
- Where in the world do men sit down, or stand up, to pee?
- Soccer goalkeepers literally see and hear the world differently
- Glass fighting
- Annular Eclipse 2023 full Ring of Fire Timelapse in 8k
- “I built a trading bot that buys stocks that are being bought by politicians."
- Now And Then - The Last Beatles Song (Short Film)
- How Y’all, Youse and You Guys Talk, My Results
- The Science Behind Gordon Sargent’s Insane Swing Speed
- DP World Tour plays Keepy Uppy
- What is the time signature of the Bluey Theme?
- The Mayflower Passengers
- My Pi Day
- What’s up with cuffed pants?
- A Secret Room with Drawings Attributed to Michelangelo Opens to Visitors in Florence
- Nom Nom Nom. What’s the Deal With Cookie Monster’s Cookies?
- Berndnaut Smilde’s Nimbus – What are his clouds all about?
- Sharks are old
Do not hesitate to reply to this months email to share links, wisdom, or thoughts.
Thanks for reading. Have a great month,
How kind of you to make your way down here.
A bit about me: I can be interested in anything, for better or worse. I love photography, travel, golf, and baseball. My latest pursuit is learning the guitar. I write a rad newsletter that I publish monthly.